Friday, January 20, 2006

You say Tomato we say Tomahto

TERRORISTS IN CHILE TRY TO BOMB INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
Anarchist Group Claims Responsibility For Attack
By Nathan Gill
Santiago Times

(Jan. 20, 2006) An unknown anarchist group detonated a bomb outside Chile’s National Intelligence Agency (ANI) in downtown Santiago Wednesday morning. The blast, which injured one man, is the third terrorist bombing in Chile in the last six months. The government downplayed the bombings, saying they lack any real significance

Sergio Aguila, a downtown street cleaner, discovered the bomb while making his daily rounds early Wednesday morning. “I saw a bag by a building, I picked it up and inside was a little gas cylinder and some papers. I put it on top of my cart when, all of a sudden, it began to make a noise, I pushed it away and it exploded.”

The cart was completely destroyed, while Aguila suffered hearing damage and moderate injuries to his back and neck.

Continued...

No comments: